Inspired by my grandmother, I started doing research in this area of Wisconsin at age fourteen back in 1976, so I have become familiar with many types of records, some not available online.
You can email me at with any questions, price quote...
I often charge nothing if I were to come up empty handed.  Feel free to inquire.
- Do you have an elusive ancestor or sibling of an ancestor? Perhaps they disappear after a certain census?
Maybe I can track them down for you.
- Looking for an elusive ancestral city for one of your lines?
- Looking for an obituary that is not listed on my website. I can go to Madison and search any paper in Wisconsin for you.
- Looking for a birth, marriage or death certificate prior to 1907? They have them on microfilm at Madison and other places that I frequent.
- Have you seen information about your ancestor online that seems to be wrong? Perhaps I can help prove OR disprove the information by locating original records.
I can read the old German script, even difficult handwriting like this
and translate German, Latin and some French.
Not all historical newspapers are online, or might not be indexed. I have indexed various decades worth of newspapers in
- Menomonee Falls, Slinger, Hartford, West Bend, Cedarburg, Port Washington, Random Lake, Kewskum, Campbellsport, Lomira
- Milwaukee Journal obituaries from the 1910's to the 1950's.
- Also further north in Hilbert (Calumet county), Sturgeon Bay (Door county), Stanley (Chippewa county), Marathon and Athens (Marathon county), Cashton (Monroe county), Cassville (Grant county), Medford (Taylor county), Weyauwega (Waupaca county)
I have worked with many church records in the counties of Milwaukee, Washington, Ozaukee, Dodge, Fond du Lac, Sheboygan, Waukesha, Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha.
Courthouses and other places
- I regularly visit courthouses within a 100 mile radius of my home. I'll sometimes drive further when needed.
- I regularly go to a local Latter Day Saints research center and also our local Area Research Center on the U.W. Milwaukee campus.
- I go once or twice a month to the Wisconsin State Historical Society in Madison.
- I also make a once a year trip each February to the Minnesota State Historical Society in St. Paul (to also sing in barbershop quartet competition, but that's another story!)